Ingredients: 6 medium to large Potatoes, 4 medium to large Onions, 50-60 cloves of Garlic, Curd, Ghee, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Green Chilies, Red Chilies powder, Salt, Ginger, Garam Masala, Cumin, Basil
- Cut Onions and put with Ghee in the Pan. Fry it at medium heat (the knob of the heater switch should be at 6 out of 12).
- Add all cloves of Garlic into the Pan, mix it and cover it.
- Boil uncut Potatoes are cooked separately in boiled water for 30 minutes.
- Cut 12 large Green Chilies and mixed with Garlic and Onions. Also, add Salt.
- When Onions and Garlic becomes red, put all spices like black pepper, mix it and cover it. After 5-10 minutes add Turmeric. Turmeric should be in last as it absorbs all water or oil, so if needed put more Ghee.
- Peel off the skin of Potatoes and cut them in thick pieces, so it will not be broken during mixing or further cooking.
- Fry Potatoes into little Ghee till it turns red. It is separately.
- Now put Potatoes into Onions and then Put 0.5 kg Curd. Mix it and cover it for some time and cooked.
- Put little water if needed. But avoid putting water.
- When the thickness increases. The Aloo Dum is ready. You can put green coriander on it.
- If you want, you can mix rice into it after Curd and mix and cook for 10 minutes to make it thicker and it will be like Biryani.
- Add any nuts or Coconut slice on it.
Parmit Singh Dhurandhar